Translate

Friday 10 February 2023

The Dark Knowledge Of The Lightning Dev


To become a truly powerful lightning developer there are cirtain things you must know. Even worse you must know how to do these things and to test them out. The public use of these skills could hurt, maybe even destroy the lightning networks great potential, if it is found to be fragile and humans to be untrustworthy. Sounds like something from a sci fi movie but it might be true. 

On a recent battle with the terminal I have been trying to recover a lightning node which I ran on  using some rare beta software and which I hastily thought i could simply recover with a seed phrase and a channel.db file. Its is not always the case, at the moment none of the funds are recovered. Somewhat luckily there where only small amounts on it and most of the channels are to known counterparties. Now if find my self digging into the darkest corners of the web to find out how to modifying commitment transations so that I can close channels with my self in favour of nodes that still work. Dangerous knowledge indeed, but I think I can call myself a lightning wizard should I pull it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment