Translate

Saturday 19 March 2016

Touquet Accepts Bitcoin - Why Not?


Last week I met with my friend and showed him how he could accept in his restaurant. I wasn't hard, it doesn't cost anything to do. We had a tap beer and I talked to the owner Antoine, Ordrey and Kenny from of front of house. I showed them what to do and gave them some bitcoin tippers to put on the counters.

"How will people know what it is?"

I said, "Bitcoin people will know what they are, they are all pretty enthusiastic about it, you don't need to specifically promote it".

"The customer can even help you with if you're not sure about something. But all  you need to do is download an app on your phone."

"Whats it called?"

"Well there are hundred of apps that work, I recommended using Airbitz to start, this one is good because tourist who don't have an internet connection on can still pay you."

She download the app and we did a couple of test transactions.

These tippers can be used for easy, fun bitcoin tipping amd act as a subtle signal to bitcoin users that you accept bitcoin. Signs and stickers are also available but these are a great way to start. It's not to much of a comittment just setting up to accept bitcoin for tips and I feel they also quickly get accross the elegance of the bitcoin system, that is, that you don't need much at all to make it work.  The guys at Touqet quickly figured out how easy and free it is to accept bitcoin. At the same time i think people get a little inspired by the idea,

I want to turn Auckland New Zealand into a Bitcoin hub. A place where you can pay for your whole holiday with international money value crypto energy stuff. In this quest I'm going to set up the coolest resyaurants in town, of which there are quite a few. The food is great here and the people are open minded.

Bitcoin can be a strange thing for non-technical types who havn't tried it, but I think they were impressed by how easy it is and how cool and impowering the idea is. Next step bitcoin meetup at Touquet! Promotions and cruise ships! Contact me here if you want a tipper and i'll make you one, I have them laser cut in card and can make sure you keep your money totally safe. Otherwise you can even make your own here

Touquet is on the bitcoin map in the South Pacific!



No comments:

Post a Comment